• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
ChristiTunes
Fresh Boarder

Re: String Summit 2012

#160621 2 years, 3 months ago
Yep. Bought my "already there" tix awhile back. So far, going by myself; first time. I plan on getting there pretty early Thursday; wanna be camping neighbors?

Really excited!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#160775 2 years, 3 months ago
I'm still deciding on this one. These few summer weekends are getting so booked up but I 'd love to see NRPS and camping with some FFF would be an extra draw. But since I procrastinated, I've got until 8/8 before prices increase again.

I saw the California Honey Drops in New Orleans and they are worth an hour of your Friday afternoon.
Blues_Power
Senior Boarder
in the world, but not of the world

#160798 2 years, 3 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
I'm still deciding on this one. These few summer weekends are getting so booked up but I 'd love to see NRPS and camping with some FFF would be an extra draw. But since I procrastinated, I've got until 8/8 before prices increase again.

I saw the California Honey Drops in New Orleans and they are worth an hour of your Friday afternoon.

you're already in the neighborhood and the line-up is fantastic. i can't wait for my 1st String Summit! gonna be loads of fun.
We will all be together for ever and ever when we make it to the promised land
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, ChristiTunes
ChristiTunes
Fresh Boarder

#160833 2 years, 3 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:

You should go! I'm looking for fun people to hang with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#160914 2 years, 3 months ago
I have to work Friday plus I wanted to see some music at the zoo amphitheater that Friday night so therein lies the dilemma.
That plus getting people to mind the pets for yet another weekend away - I've used up all of my friends..

I'm going to the SCI weekend at Horning's in July so maybe that will convince me - are any of you going to that?
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#161151 2 years, 3 months ago
Skipping the clusterfuck that will be sci at hornings. Summit is a much better festival... there's more room to dance and camp and there's a much better line up. SCI, announcing and selling out, at a price of 250 for the weekend, only announcing themselves at first, took a leap of faith I don't have in that band.

But NRPS, 7 walkers, Greensky, KDTU, Danny Barnes, Tony Furtado and others all for under 150? That was a no brainer.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#161179 2 years, 3 months ago
SkiNose wrote:
Skipping the clusterfuck that will be sci at hornings. Summit is a much better festival... there's more room to dance and camp and there's a much better line up. SCI, announcing and selling out, at a price of 250 for the weekend, only announcing themselves at first, took a leap of faith I don't have in that band.

But NRPS, 7 walkers, Greensky, KDTU, Danny Barnes, Tony Furtado and others all for under 150? That was a no brainer.

I've been to both and, agreed, String Summit is a much mellower scene, especially for camping.

We just today decided to sell our SCI Horning's tix due to the timing. If anyone wants to go, $490 for two 4-day passes.
ChristiTunes
Fresh Boarder

#161232 2 years, 3 months ago
I'm not doing Cheese; by the time I found out I think it was sold out anyway.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#162203 2 years, 3 months ago
I love that one of the Weens said that SCI is like a fart that lingers. How perfect.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#162207 2 years, 3 months ago
We all have our musical likes/opinions...
On a positive note, Buddy Cage is performing with the New Riders on their current tour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, ChristiTunes
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds