• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199077 1 year, 6 months ago
I like the way you put that, Mystery streamer. I'm still thanking Rob, but also,
whoever helped out with tonight's stream, Thank you!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB, Warlock, Sustainabill, SunshineSue, coskimom
FlowerPetal
Fresh Boarder

#199078 1 year, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Man, I hope that show was as good as the setlist. Really impressive on paper.

It was!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#199082 1 year, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Man, I hope that show was as good as the setlist. Really impressive on paper.

Definitely quite good, especially the second set. Hope your heart is beating again after the ending of that game!
Chester
More or less in line

#199083 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks for driving the bus tonight Sue. Good job.

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB, Sustainabill, lightchaser, SunshineSue, patchmyfurthur, PHILTREE, coskimom
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#199084 1 year, 6 months ago
shorelinesetlist.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, GKB, Sustainabill, lightchaser, bluetrainsugaree, PHILTREE, coskimom
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#199085 1 year, 6 months ago
Sorry folks.. this is exactly the kind of reviews that killed Jerry. Bobby had no voice. The setlist was mediocre. China- Rider was Jerry & Bob... tonight you had the back up singers singin most of rider. I'm sure their heart was in it but ths was a 2-3 at best.
Bob could barely be heard and his voice was crackin badly during Sampson. he basically whisperd a few lines. The cosmic charliewas nowhere near as hot as Seattle. Call em like I hear em.. everything show is not "an 8".... for those who think it is tell me your lowest rated show of tour..if an 8 is your interpretation of a 1 its clear. I personally don't think playin 4 nights in a row with travel is best for the "show" or the musicians health. Don't get me wrong I love Furthur..but the furthur fluffers who every show is great an 8 a 9 a 10...are just the kind of people that made Jerry lose interest. If you don't care and can't tell the difference between an epic show and a show where Bobby can't even sing cause his voice is shot... you are part of the problem. Finally I say to the fluffers...show me where your ears and fingers have typed one "this aint so good" comment regarding any tune over the last year. This every night is the most awesome setlist and playing ever is nausiating. You ruin the comment of this was a great show by saying EVERY show is a great show. Tell me.. what show was worse than tonight on this tour-- your opinion. Expecting crickets........
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tdog, bow4bass
FlowerPetal
Fresh Boarder

#199087 1 year, 6 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
Sorry folks.. this is exactly the kind of reviews that killed Jerry. Bobby had no voice. The setlist was mediocre. China- Rider was Jerry & Bob... tonight you had the back up singers singin most of rider. I'm sure their heart was in it but ths was a 2-3 at best.
Bob could barely be heard and his voice was crackin badly during Sampson. he basically whisperd a few lines. The cosmic charliewas nowhere near as hot as Seattle. Call em like I hear em.. everything show is not "an 8".... for those who think it is tell me your lowest rated show of tour..if an 8 is your interpretation of a 1 its clear. I personally don't think playin 4 nights in a row with travel is best for the "show" or the musicians health. Don't get me wrong I love Furthur..but the furthur fluffers who every show is great an 8 a 9 a 10...are just the kind of people that made Jerry lose interest. If you don't care and can't tell the difference between an epic show and a show where Bobby can't even sing cause his voice is shot... you are part of the problem. Finally I say to the fluffers...show me where your ears and fingers have typed one "this aint so good" comment regarding any tune over the last year. This every night is the most awesome setlist and playing ever is nausiating. You ruin the comment of this was a great show by saying EVERY show is a great show. Tell me.. what show was worse than tonight in your opinion. Expecting crickets........

Didn't call it epic. Nor was it the even close to the best show of the tour. But a good show all the same. At this point, to hear the music play at all is a blessing, let us not forget. I dance with energy and the energy at this show from the crowed was good. An off night for Bobby, yes. Back to back shows and travel will do that. There was some serious 'tour trolls are dragging the music down' energy at the last night on the Rocks. People forget it's about the music. Still in my personal opinion not a bad show. Not the best, not epic but still good. But that's me. As far as a worst show then this one so far.... well I've missed a few so I can't honestly answer that.
coskimom
Junior Boarder

#199088 1 year, 6 months ago
Bob could barely be heard and his voice was crackin badly during Sampson. he basically whisperd a few lines. The cosmic charliewas nowhere near as hot as Seattle. Call em like I hear em.. everything show is not "an 8".... for those who think it is tell me your lowest rated show of tour..if an 8 is your interpretation of a 1 its clear. I personally don't think playin 4 nights in a row with travel is best for the "show" or the musicians health. Don't get me wrong I love Furthur..but the furthur fluffers who every show is great an 8 a 9 a 10...are just the kind of people that made Jerry lose interest. If you don't care and can't tell the difference between an epic show and a show where Bobby can't even sing cause his voice is shot... you are part of the problem. Finally I say to the fluffers...show me where your ears and fingers have typed one "this aint so good" comment regarding any tune over the last year. This every night is the most awesome setlist and playing ever is nausiating. You ruin the comment of this was a great show by saying EVERY show is a great show. Tell me.. what show was worse than tonight on this tour-- your opinion. Expecting crickets........

I appreciate the fresh truth... lotsa shows, lotsa good shows but even Jerry knew when they sucked!! aka Egypt??
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#199090 1 year, 6 months ago
FlowerPetal wrote:
Bob could barely be heard and his voice was crackin badly during Sampson. he basically whisperd a few lines. The cosmic charliewas nowhere near as hot as Seattle. Call em like I hear em.. everything show is not "an 8".... for those who think it is tell me your lowest rated show of tour..if an 8 is your interpretation of a 1 its clear. I personally don't think playin 4 nights in a row with travel is best for the "show" or the musicians health. Don't get me wrong I love Furthur..but the furthur fluffers who every show is great an 8 a 9 a 10...are just the kind of people that made Jerry lose interest. If you don't care and can't tell the difference between an epic show and a show where Bobby can't even sing cause his voice is shot... you are part of the problem. Finally I say to the fluffers...show me where your ears and fingers have typed one "this aint so good" comment regarding any tune over the last year. This every night is the most awesome setlist and playing ever is nausiating. You ruin the comment of this was a great show by saying EVERY show is a great show. Tell me.. what show was worse than tonight in your opinion. Expecting crickets........

Didn't call it epic. Nor was it the even close to the best show of the tour. But a good show all the same. At this point, to hear the music play at all is a blessing, let us not forget. I dance with energy and the energy at this show from the crowed was good. An off night for Bobby, yes. Back to back shows and travel will do that. There was some serious 'tour trolls are dragging the music down' energy at the last night on the Rocks. People forget it's about the music. Still in my personal opinion not a bad show. Not the best, not epic but still good. But that's me. As far as a worst show then this one so far.... well I've missed a few so I can't honestly answer that.

Thank you for an honest well reasoned answer. I don't think it was an "off" night for bob as it was a bob has no voice we can't play his songs night. It IS about the music first and foremost...not the lot..... I don't think it was a bad show .. I saw bad GD shows see 3-14-93.. it was just a show where one of the 2 protaginists was nearly silent. Not omlly that..it was the first show this tour where Jeff wasn't "sparkling"..and we are all damn fortunate to even have this music in 2012... I am no hater..I love these guys.. I just have a problem with greatest show ever ..greatest setlists comments...hell if you were around back in the day we used to walk out of GD concerts bitchin some nights.."that sucked" .... getting down off the soapbox..........good night all
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass, FlowerPetal, coskimom
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#199105 1 year, 6 months ago

Actually i have no problem saying when i think the band isnt sounding great. Shit i payed out he ass to go to some Beacon shows and had no problem saying that i was not impressed. I thought last nights second set musically was fantastic. You know what though man, i think you need to move on. In every thread its the same ole shit. Dude in 1985 blah blah blah, bro at hershey in 87 the best blah blah blah. Why do you keep on with this shit? Nobody cares. This board is for Furthur, not the 1985 Grateful Dead. If you dont like Furthur why post on this board? Your schtick was old a long time ago. Of course because you want to start shit always there will be some stupid fucken response to this. You know what? IMO the GD from 84-95 was pretty bad. Those shows you always fluff that you were at are terrible. Ive listened to some you recommend. But you know what, im not on Dead.net telling all the older heads how much the 80's n 90's sucked imo. Just go find other geriatrics at the nursing home to reminisce about 1985, im alive in 2012 and would rather talk about that. /rant. Fuck im bored.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, theothrone, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds