• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

Re: SET LIST: Shoreline Amphitheatre 9/30/2012

#199107 2 years ago
Why cant someone jus have a different opinion? Why do you have to be right or wrong. Wtf are people this dumb. Can one person not think a show was gret and another not so much and both be right? Pretty simple concept if you ask me
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Sugaree1
Platinum Boarder

#199108 2 years ago
And "reviews that killed Jerry"? I wont even begin to say what an epic assclown it makes you sound like to say this. How well did you know Jerry? Wow what a loser.
If that jubilee don't come, maybe I'll meet you, on the run
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#199130 2 years ago
Certainly different opinions, and glad people have them. Boring world if we all thought the same!

Be better if we could give them without dissing each other but it is human nature, I think though things look different in email/paper rather than with a human face with grimaces, smiles and winks. I bet we all agree with more than not.

I thought that these shows in a row would be hard on everyone, the crews, Bob and Phil, as well.

I thought Bob sounded pretty good in Seattle, wearing a little bit now......it's all good.

J
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Still Takin it Weirder
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#199136 2 years ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
Sorry folks.. this is exactly the kind of reviews that killed Jerry. Bobby had no voice. The setlist was mediocre. China- Rider was Jerry & Bob... tonight you had the back up singers singin most of rider. I'm sure their heart was in it but ths was a 2-3 at best.
Bob could barely be heard and his voice was crackin badly during Sampson. he basically whisperd a few lines. The cosmic charliewas nowhere near as hot as Seattle. Call em like I hear em.. everything show is not "an 8".... for those who think it is tell me your lowest rated show of tour..if an 8 is your interpretation of a 1 its clear. I personally don't think playin 4 nights in a row with travel is best for the "show" or the musicians health. Don't get me wrong I love Furthur..but the furthur fluffers who every show is great an 8 a 9 a 10...are just the kind of people that made Jerry lose interest. If you don't care and can't tell the difference between an epic show and a show where Bobby can't even sing cause his voice is shot... you are part of the problem. Finally I say to the fluffers...show me where your ears and fingers have typed one "this aint so good" comment regarding any tune over the last year. This every night is the most awesome setlist and playing ever is nausiating. You ruin the comment of this was a great show by saying EVERY show is a great show. Tell me.. what show was worse than tonight on this tour-- your opinion. Expecting crickets........

Actually i have no problem saying when i think the band isnt sounding great. Shit i payed out he ass to go to some Beacon shows and had no problem saying that i was not impressed. I thought last nights second set musically was fantastic. You know what though man, i think you need to move on. In every thread its the same ole shit. Dude in 1985 blah blah blah, bro at hershey in 87 the best blah blah blah. Why do you keep on with this shit? Nobody cares. This board is for Furthur, not the 1985 Grateful Dead. If you dont like Furthur why post on this board? Your schtick was old a long time ago. Of course because you want to start shit always there will be some stupid fucken response to this. You know what? IMO the GD from 84-95 was pretty bad. Those shows you always fluff that you were at are terrible. Ive listened to some you recommend. But you know what, im not on Dead.net telling all the older heads how much the 80's n 90's sucked imo. Just go find other geriatrics at the nursing home to reminisce about 1985, im alive in 2012 and would rather talk about that. /rant. Fuck im bored.

Um that was a rant. Practice what you preach-I gave my opinion--if you don't agree thats your perogative. If you had any reading comprehension skills ...you would be able to read where I typed "I love furthur".. I'm not trying to start shit--I'm stating my opinion. Further-- there is a famous interview with Jerry during Msg shows in 93 where he said he was bored--and if you actually read books you might wanna check out a few of them --Steve Parish's s--Blair Jacksons, Dennis Mcnallys, even rock scullys ( if you even know who any of them are) ...or Phil Leshs's .you might gain some insight into Jerry. He was saddened that it seemed "some" parts of the audiences revered him as some type of guru and it didn't matter to them how he performed--so if he came onstage wrecked it didn't matter. As far as GD 84-95 you are clueless..yes their were bad shows...and we bitched about them. But my god son any deadhead with any sort of knowledge knows 85 as well as 89-90 are considered some of the very best years ever in GD history. Do you think they released spring 90 box set because it sucked? Did you read Bobbys comments regarding that tour? Much as their were good shows and bad for the GD their are ON nights and not so good nights for furthur. You may wanna relisten to last night and listen to Bobby attempt to sing. Notice only a very small number of "Bobby" tunes---then go to Edgefield night one and listen to his voice strong & top notch. Everything isn't unicorns & fairylands. Sorry you got butt hurt over it kid.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#199137 2 years ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
And "reviews that killed Jerry"? I wont even begin to say what an epic assclown it makes you sound like to say this. How well did you know Jerry? Wow what a loser.

Ok loosen your corset Francis. I love how you say I am starting shit...and you come out calling me names like a 3rd grader.
Go read some books and learn what you are talking about. Listen to Edgefield night one vs last night--then try to come back with an informed opinion that doesn't make you look so foolish.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#199138 2 years ago
Sugaree1 wrote:
Why cant someone jus have a different opinion? Why do you have to be right or wrong. Wtf are people this dumb. Can one person not think a show was gret and another not so much and both be right? Pretty simple concept if you ask me

HAHAHA you just made my point--and I GTD you that nearly every show has opinions that are polar opposites. So I can't have a different opinion?????????????? I'd add that being at the show can give you a totally different view than listening on a stream. & more often than not I will think a show I attend is really great.. only upon relistening later I realize it wasn't as good as I thought.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#199139 2 years ago
Please be kind to your brothers and sisters.
This thread is about the Setlist from the Furthur Show at Shoreline.
let's try to stick with the topic and cease the mud-slinging. Thank you
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB, patchmyfurthur, Still Takin it Weirder
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#199140 2 years ago
Sustainabill wrote:

You're right. I stated my opinion and someone responded like a 7 yr old child. Actually looking back at it this morning the setlist is better than I originally thought... particularly set 2. I haven't changed my opinion on the execution. Rock on. YMMV
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#199152 2 years ago
Sustainabill wrote:

I agree. But the thing is, you can't reason with a bully. Arguments and anger are all STIW/WITS/Scott knows how to express. He has some serious issues, and it's probably better to just quietly offer him your pity instead of either reasoned or angry responses. Remember, this is the guy that had to make up other users and steal his wife's identity in order to have anyone to interact with, after burning most of his bridges on multiple boards. I've gotten to the point where it only makes me sad and sorry for him, not angry. I'd like to suggest that ignoring him rather than engaging him will be the best way to avoid the negativity that he creates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Zipster, ecojaded, scar1et_f1re, amusingdeva
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#199155 2 years ago
show was average, it wasn't epic, it wasn't spectacular.

first set was a snoozefest although some fine song selections

2nd set was significantly better but the band was visibly tired from the portland shows
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, amusingdeva, newyawker
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds